Friday, September 7, 2012

Zendala Dare #22 – Monodala


Ok when I saw the Zendala Dare #22 I got a little excited, this dare merged two things I have grown to love, Zendalas and Monotangles. I had to resist the urge to do my favorite Tangle, and my go to tangle since I attended CZT-9 which is Indy-Rella. So I let chaos reign and decided to go completely random. I went to Tanglepatterns.com and had excel choose a random number for me from 1 to 26 [=ROUNDUP(RAND()*(26-1)+1,0)] the result was 23, the letter V. The letter V has nine patterns currently so I had Excel choose another number for me [=ROUNDUP(RAND()*(9-1)+1,0)]the result this time was 5, which meant Verve was my pattern.
            This was a mixed blessing, I happy as it was a pattern I had not used before, but I was really wanted something I could do more Tangleation of. Though it was a pattern I was not very familiar with I am very happy with the outcome. It almost reminds me of a curvy Rick’s Paradox.
            Hope you enjoy this.

~Roy

OK - I was walking the dog tonight, and it hit me that I should do a second Monodala.... I felt that I should attempt it in Auoraknot, so here is the second Monodala.

21 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this is very beautiful! I use Verve a lot, I think it's a great tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! I will have to give this tangle a go. Great job Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull and i thought first the patern was paradox, wich one ik choose, but its different an beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. It has a celtic touch indeed, very beautiful done it makes me feel quiet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, and glad to hear I am not the only one who tries out the random tangle generator, although I get my kids to randomly select the numbers for me. It makes for some interesting works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roy, your monodala is fantabulous! It flows so beautifully! I love the rich lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are lovely in their own right. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful line work in both of your monodalas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Both are so well done and super cool!! Love both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your tangles are beautifully executed! I love them both - hard to pick one as a favorite, so I'd have to choose both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love to hear how you arrived at using Verve - and well done too! But I really like your use of Auraknot in this zendala pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are wonderful...amazing that they are "only" lines, but can express so much, soft chaos, hard order. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them both, but the first one is just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your tangles, especially the first! I'm beginning to think Verve is my favourite tangle and, seeing how flowing and alive it looks on your Monodala, I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your monodalas are lovely. Verve is one of my favorite tangles to look at, but I have trouble doing it; haven't figured out why. And your auraknot is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them both. I just did an ATC using Auraknot for the first time. I really like this tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love that one with the Verve- just gorgeous!
    Both are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete