Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adventures in Monotangles #7 – ONAMATO

Welcome to another wonderful week in the Adventures in Monotangles. It is amazing how fast time goes, it seems like just the other day I started this Adventure.

This is a great week, as yesterday was my wife’s birthday. This weekend to celebrate she is organizing a few friends to go to a local nature center and pull invasive weeds. We will most likely do dinner and a movie afterwards also. I love that for her birthday she is getting people to get out into nature, and to have them help out.

This week I have chosen the tangle Onamato, as our adventure. It is interesting that the reason I decided on it was that there are so many tangelations for this tangle. Then when I did my tile I just used the basic version. That is one of the things I love about Zentanglr®, as it is unplanned, so even when you think you may know how it will turn out, you can surprise yourself.

For instructions on Onamato, Here is the link to it on Tangle Patterns.

Here is my tile for this weeks Adventure.




16 comments:

  1. Your tile is beautiful Roy and it's got great shading.
    Happy Birthday for your wife and I hope you will have a great weekend with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the wife--hope all your plans turn out fun. Your blog is very inspiring.
    Here's my tangle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy sorry to bother, but I couldn't get the Mr. Linky or the old fashioned Hyperlink Code to work either. Go have your fun I'll check in later in the weekend to see if I can get things to link up. I see AnneMarie left a comment so she and I are vying for first :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tested it out and it seems to be working now. I'll delete my link, later this week, (tomorrow) so #2 will move up to 1st.

      Delete
  4. Thanks it looks like I'm second and that's fine. I'll never complain about being second to AnneMarie, she's the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tile Roy - I hope my work is within the guidelines - Happy Birthday to your wife - enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fun monotangle. Thanks Roy and Happy Birthday to your wife too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onomato is a great tangle for border. Have not used before for fill or as a Monotangle. Decided to use it to work on color technique. The end result is okay, but still have to work on it. Tried Leann's technique, but did not come out as smooth as hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donald, your link is not working. It goed to the site of Roy instead of to yours.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I did not check it close enough. I saw that it was for Adventures in Monotanlges #7 and did not check the rest. I had copied Roy's URL to put a link on my post.

      Delete
  8. for me Onamato is like rivers of perls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also was thinking Pearls as this came about. Thanks for Adventure #7. Hope you and your wife had a wonderful Birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better late than never! I enjoyed using Onamato to fill an entire area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I have succeeded to make the 7th challenge before you're going to upload the slide show. Trying to make the next ... some day ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . . mindfulness

    ReplyDelete